What is razor burn
Razor burn is a hurting skin condition when happening while you shaving your face, arms, legs, and other body parts. mostly razor burn appears temporarily for few minutes but some cases razor burns stick to your skin for a few days. Also, it depends on your skin condition. Here are the common symptoms of razor burns.
- Chafed skin
- Burning or hot sensation
- Small red bumps
You can experience these symptoms anywhere you shave. face, legs, neck, pubic area are common places that can be razor burn appear. Also, there is another condition called razor bumps. Most of the people think razor bump and razor burn are the same but razor burn and razor bump are generally considered different conditions.
Razor burn vs razor bump
Razor burn is a skin irritation caused by shaving but razor bumps occur result of ingrown hairs.
How to treat razor burn
If these symptoms make you uncomfortable here are the few tips for treat razor burn. Here are some of razor burn remedies.
- Do not touch the affected area. Avoiding touching the affected area and leaving the skin alone is the main step to heal and reduce the risk of further infection.
- Cool the razor burn. Place cold and clean wet clothe affected area. Repeat this method for every 10 minutes.
- Aloe Vera treatment. Aloe Vera is the common use as a remedy for many skin conditions like burns, cuts, and scrapes. Apply Aloe Vera gel in the affected area.
- Coconut oil treatment. Coconut oil is one of the best and effective therapy for healing burns. apply a thin layer of coconut oil in a razor bun area daily.
- Baking soda paste treatment. Baking soda paste contains cooling regents that will cool your skin. To make baking soda paste mix baking soda with water until it converts in to paste. After that apply a thin layer of baking soda paste in the razor burn area gently.
How to prevent razor burn
- Shave in a warm shower.
- Massage shave area before start shave.
- Don’t shave quickly.
- Shave applying shaving cream or gel.
- Do not shave using an old razor. Buy a new one and shave gently.
- Don’t shave every day.
- Clean your razor properly after shaving.
- Shave in the same direction that the hair grows.